Don’t like traditional cable TV? No problem, YouTube is soon to join the ranks of Dish’s Sling TV and AT&T’s DIRECTV NOW by introducing an “Over The Top” (OTT, delivered over the internet) skinny bundle called YouTubeTV.
The Rundown On The New Service:
- The Live on-demand TV streaming service will be called YouTubeTV.
- No cable or satellite service necessary.
- $35 a month for a family plan of up to 6 accounts
- Service is launching in the US in the next few months (actual date is TBD)
- Subscribers will have access to up to 40 channels including, ESPN, USA, FX, Fox Sports & NBC Sports.
- Subscriber will have access to YouTube Red, their premium originator content service.
- Users can also record as many programs as they want.
- People will be able to stream to their TVs using Chromecast.