The second richest man in the world, Warren Buffett added a cool $12 billion to his stacks in 2016, bringing his net worth to $74 billion. That’s a 20% increase over last year. Bill Gates still owns the title of richest man in the universe with a net worth of $84 billion, but the “Oracle of Omaha” is on his heels.
Buffett’s investment company Berkshire Hathaway recently released its results for the year and here’s some of Warren’s top performing investments for the 4th quarter of 2016.
- United Continental Holdings Inc. (UAL) up 46%
- American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL) up 34%
- Southwest Airlines Co. (LUV) up 32%
- Delta up 27%
- Arca Airline Index (XX:XAL) up 27%
- Wells Fargo & Co. (WFC) up 23%
- Goldman Sachs & Co. (GS) up 49%
- M&T Bank Corp.(MTB) up 36%
- U.S. Bancorp(USB) up 22%
- American Express Co. (AXP) up 16%
Media and Food
- Charter Communications(CHTR) up 44% on the year.
- Kraft Heinz Co.(KHC) up 21%.
How’d The S&P 500 Do?
The S&P 500 (SPX) was up a scant 4.2% during the same period (last 3 months).
They don’t call him the world’s greatest investor for nothing. Mighty impressive sir!